Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 November 2011

WHY Kek Lapis Sarawak is EXPENSIVE??


You might wonder why the price is quite expensive right? I also agree since before I knew how to make these cakes (which originated from Sarawak), I make a fuss why the price is high everytime I want to buy it. In some place I can get it cheaper but in another place its very expensive. WHY?? 

The taste is different!!

Even it is expensive, IT's worth it!! Well, I'm not saying that I'm a good tester and I can be a masterchef jury. IT'S A BIG NO okay! But I'm just like all of you. What taste good is good. What taste SO SO is ~~~ Then I learn how to make this cake, and I still bake it even it took my time and it is very hard because I really Lurve it!! and it worth my time than buy it from bakery because a homemade cake is the best and I can make it however and whenever I want. Since I'm a chocolate Lurver, I'll put lots of chocolate in my cake. (But sometime LOTs can turn out bad, so I'll put in as MAX as possible without ruining the cake :P )

Therefore, I do some research and found out that a better taste of Kek Lapis Sarawak is made of butter so that it turn out moist instead of dry.  It sure add on the cost instead of margarine right? 

The argument for eating margarine and other products containing hydrogenated oils are their lack of cholesterol. Margarine is also less expensive than butter. However, margarine contains refined, artificially saturated vegetable oil. It also contains harmful trans-fatty acids, and often residues of the toxic metals nickel and cadmium. Butter is a natural food and a good source of important fat-soluble vitamins. You will pay more for butter, but nutritionally it is well worth it. (Summary)


Another reason WHY Kek Lapis Sarawak is EXPENSIVE because; 


  •  Kek Lapis Sarawak is baked or steam for at least 4 hours and as long as 6 hours including preparation time. This is because it is bake/steam layer by layer. The thinner the layer the better the result. (I don't know how others do it cause I Lurve doing things my way!!! ^_^ and it turn out AWESOME!) So it sure add the cost of effort, electricity and gas right?  A norm Sarawak cake consisting of 27 layers (I read from somewhere before). 
  • Then, Sarawak's Cake can be stored for a long time. Actually the cakes are served in small cube size and not as large as a slice of a cake sold in secret recipe.This cake are suppose to be eaten slowly, feel the taste and get into the world of colorfulness and deliciousness of the cake. That is why Sarawak cake is so colorful and is made with delicate and thoroughly sometime with different design to enchant cake Lurver's eye thus make them more tempted to grasp a slice. Don't you think so?? 
  • There are different design and I'm learning and trying to be as creative as I can. Later I'll post the design that I made ok!! If I'm not mistaken, the unique the design, the cake are getting more expensive. ^_^
  • Sarawak Cake are usually made on special occasion such as Hari Raya. But I don't think it is wrong to have it on your birthday or even on your wedding day. Am I right???

Since you've read till end, I want to promote my Kek Lapis India (Cadbury) and Kek Lapis India Cheese (Cadbury). Do click here http://goldenbakers-chicwannabe.blogspot.com/2011/11/kek-lapis-india-cadbury-and-kek-lapis.html to find out more about it  ^_^




S.M.I.L.E always
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment